Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's been a year!!!!

I don't know the exact date, but I'm pretty sure I started the C25K program sometime in mid September of last year.

I can't believe I've stuck with it this long, actually I can because it's been awesome, but I was NEVER a runner before.  I was on the softball team in high school and the dance team.  We ran stairs for dance and sometimes Indian runs and for softball some people ran, but I was a pitcher so I would pitch batting practice while groups alternated between hitting, fielding and running so I barely had to run more than the 60 yards from home to 1st base.

I had tried running before once right after college.  I was also doing weight watchers then, but I never got to running more than like 15 minutes without feeling like I was dying.  I think that I was running way to fast then, but anyway, a whole year woohoo!!!

7 comments:

  1. Holly-- I just found your blog and love it. Keep up the great work running! I will continue to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up!! So excited for your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Congrats and keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Holly!!! I just had my year anniversary from the start of my C25K this last Monday. Let's keep it going for another year!!
    ~RR

    ReplyDelete