Friday, June 25, 2010

Busy week and weekend

We had a great Father's Day weekend.  Maggie and I went with my parents and grandparents up to the lake on Friday and Saturday.  We had a wonderful time.  We got to go on the boat and Maggie loved it.  She even wore her life jacket without complaining at all which I was happily surprised about. 

I went for a run on Saturday morning.  It is so beautiful there that it is easy to just run and run and run.  The route is hillier than anywhere I run at home.  It's basically an out and back route.  The road is the one closest to the lake and there are beautiful houses and huge old trees so it's pretty shaded.  I ran out about 2.25 miles and then back and decided to keep going past our house and finished at 6 miles.  It took me 1 hour 6 minutes.  The second part, past our house, had no shade at all so it was HOT by the time I was gone.  It felt great though!  I'm not sure that I could run for that long at home.  It just seems harder and much more boring.  Maybe I need to try a new route.

Dave ran in the Warrior Dash in Joliet on Saturday so he didn't come with us to the lake.   I was a little worried about it after I saw some pictures of it.  For anyone who doesn't know it is about 5k and includes 12 obstacles.  Including 4 foot walls to jump over, cargo net to climb, mud pit with barbed wire over it, climbing over junk cars and tire running thingy and then jumping over a fire pit thing.  Yikes!!  He did great though.  He finished in 33 minutes.  I was shocked!  I can barely just run a 5k in 33 minutes let alone do 12 crazy obstacles within it.  I am so proud of him and he really loved it!

Maggie and I came home on Sunday and spent father's day with Dave and then had dinner with my family.  It was a very nice day. 

On Monday Dave had taken off work and we went to the Field Museum.  Dave's work gives him a free membership and we hadn't gone yet.  It was very nice.  I'm glad it was free because we only stayed for a few hours because by the time we got there it was only a couple of hours before it was time for lunch and nap. 

On Tuesday we went to Great America.  Maggie stayed at home with my dad.  They had a great time and I'm so happy that everything worked out for them.  We originally had my friend watching her, but she had a family emergency and couldn't do it.   Maggie and my dad had a great time and so did Dave and I.  This was a work outing and we had lunch there for free and then rode a few rides.   It was fun, the traffic on the way home wasn't so fun, but what are you going to do right?

I have 184 blog posts to catch up on on my google reader.  Oy vey that's a lot.  I hope everyone had a wonderful week and hope you all have a great weekend.  One more weekend and then the 4th of July!  I can't believe how quickly the summer is passing, or how crazy HOT it's been! 

Happy running!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on your hilly run! The pictures of your little one are so cute...she has such a sweet smile:)

    Enjoy your weekend!