Thursday, June 3, 2010

Long weekend, long week

Since it's been a few days since I've written a post I thought I'd make a list of things instead of writing a super long blog post.

- We are going to the White Sox game tonight!  Dave won tickets on the radio so the seats are good.  We are taking my dad and a friend of his and my mom gets to have Maggie all night.  I'm not sure who is more excited her or me!

- I ran yesterday and Monday.  3 miles and 4 miles nothing too exciting.  I would like to start running longer distances, but it's just so darn hot!  Maybe I'll try to get up early this weekend and run....maybe

- I need new shoes.  I want to go to a running store and get fitted.  I know nothing about doing that though.  Do you have to make an appointment?  Just show up? Is it going to cost me a million dollars because I don't have a million dollars.

- Even though we have been (kind of) trying to get pregnant again, I kind of hope it didn't work again this month because Dave's work is hosting an outing at Great America and the spouses are invited for once and my good friend is babysitting so it will be super fun.

- Maggie weaned herself a couple weeks ago and now is asking me to put her down in her bed after we read and sing a few songs.  This makes me so happy because I worried that the almost 17 months of nursing her to sleep and then rocking her to sleep would make for 17 more years of rocking her to sleep!

-  I have 83 new posts waiting in my google reader.  This is intimidating and daunting, but I am looking forward to catching up!  I am so behind because I was gone all weekend, and then became obssesed with "Farm Frenzy" on my iPod touch...so addicting!

Happy Running!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how far you are from Palos Heights but I highly recommend Running for Kicks. They do a great job fitting you for shoes and they are very nice there. I get all of my shoes there. Also no appointment is necessary. www.runningforkicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    The places areound here for fitting shoes are just walk in, no appointments. It is free (at least at the places here...)and they will put you in some shoes. The high teck places have a treadmill with a video camera and they record your feet and see how you land each step. It is really cool. Other places will just watch you jog from one end of the store and back. They can tell which shoe will work best for you. I would say if you are wanting to increas mileage then the right shoe is a must! You should check it out!!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just show up for the shoes. :)

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete