Sunday, May 30, 2010

Eating Crap + 90* heat = not fun runs!


Like I said the other day, we went to my in-law's house in Springfield this weekend.  We are home now, and while I am very happy that Maggie got to see her grandparents, and we got to see a few friends that we haven't seen in awhile, I am happy to be home.

I didn't have the best week as far as my eating goes.  I think I ate hot dogs at at least 5 meals this week.  Most of them with chips or french fries.  We ate out at a Mexican restaurant and then got frozen custard on the way home, we had subs with about a gallon of mayo from a super yummy sub shop in Springfield yesterday, I had a horseshoe.  This is a Springfield specialty and is pictured below.  I had a buffalo chicken horseshoe which is a buffalo chicken breast on texas toast, topped with french fries and white cheese sauce.  Seriously, this is probably the worst thing on the planet for you to eat, but it is GOOD!  Good thing we only make it to Springfield a few times a year!  My mother-in-law also made cinnamon rolls, and dessert, and I drank more beer than usual.  All of this led to feeling like crap, self-esteem wise and running wise.  Yuck!  Just reading that list makes me cringe.


I did run 12.5 miles this week so I guess that's good.  On Saturday I ran in Springfield and it was HOT!  I felt like crap the entire time.  I think the only thing that saved me was that I was running in an unfamiliar place so it was a little more interesting.  I hope I felt like crap because of my bad eating and I can get it back on track next week.  I also hope that the August like heat and humidity chill out a little bit.  I don't like running in the heat.  My husband says he likes it and feels like if he is drenched in sweat when he gets home that he worked really hard.  I don't mind sweating, but I don't NEED it to feel like I worked hard.  I much prefer winter running!

I plan on getting back on track tomorrow.  I am afraid to step on the scale in the morning!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment