Monday, May 24, 2010

Versatile Blogger

Erica at I Run Because....I Can nominated me for this award.  I am supposed to write 7 things about myself and then nominate 15 people.  A lot of the bloggers that I keep up with have already done this so if you haven't consider yourself nominated and I can't wait to read everyone else's 7 things!

1. I just started running in September with the Couch to 5K program.  I was never a runner before and now love it!  I recommend the program to everyone who mentions wanting to run.  They should probably pay me!

2. I have 2 younger brothers and a twin sister who passed away when we were 3.5 years old

3. I absolutely love chocolate and peanut butter.  Separately and together.  If it came out that peanut butter and/or chocolate was the worst food on the planet and would make me never able to lose weight I would be fat and happy!

4. I have been with my husband for almost 9 years (we've been married for almost 4) He was a cook at the restaurant that I worked in in college.  We worked together for 6 months before our first date.  When we started dating I had just become a manager at that restaurant.  My favorite shifts were when we were closing together ;)

5. I love Beverly Hills 90210 (the original) I have watched the entire 10 years of the show over and over again on the Soap Network.  I would love to own the DVDs of the show.  Dylan was soooooo hot!!!

6. I was a dancer (ballet and jazz) for many years and I played softball from kindergarten through high school.  I was on the sophomore team as a freshman and played varsity the next 3 years.  I was a pitcher.  My dad was my coach growing up and in the summers and volunteered as one of my high school coaches.  As much as he was a pain in my butt,  he was the best coach ever.  One of the few times I have ever seen him cry was at our last game as seniors.  He had coached me and 7 or 8 other girls since we were teeny tots. 

7.  I nursed Maggie for 16.5 months (just stopped last week) and I am very proud of that.  I never thought I would go beyond a year. 

This was fun.  I hope you learned a little about me and I can't wait to learn a little about you!

2 comments:

  1. A. Congrats on your running and blogging! I've only run for a year, but it's been the best thing for me (physically, mentally, etc.). Keep up the good work!

    B. Congrats on your nursing... you have the right to be proud! I nursed my son until he was 27-1/2 months and I was totally the mum who said that a year would be my max. It's amazing how your mind changes once you become a parent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly,
    What a great list! You will love running:) I just started running two years ago but started racing last spring:) The more you run the faster and stronger you will get!

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete